Although my summer is filled with swimming, playing outside, and boating, I still enjoy pulling out a book and reading. My bookshelf is currently very full, and most of it is books that have not been read yet. So my goal this summer is to read as many books in my to be read pile as possible. I have no particular number in mind, but I do have particular books in mind. Here are some of the books that I would like to read this summer:
1. The Selection, by Kiera Cass- I have been told to read this book and the series numerous times and I finally have put it on my list of books to read. All of the people who recommended this to me enjoyed the whole series, so maybe I will also read the other books in this series this summer. It sounds very interesting and not something that I would usually read.
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by J.K. Rowling- I have already read the first 5 books in the Harry Potter series, I am currently reading the 6th, but I cannot wait to read the final book! All of these books are riveting, mysterious, and adventurous; I rarely ever get bored. I completely recommend this series to almost everyone.
3. And Then There Were None, by Agatha Christie- All that I have heard about this book is “Wow!” One of my favorite genres is mystery and I think I will be pleased by the excitement and mystery of this novel.
4. The Lions Of Little Rock, by Kristin Levine- I have seen many people reading this book and it seems very interesting. My classmates and everyone that I have talked to about this book have told me to read it and that they enjoyed it very much.
5. Devastation, by Gloria Skurzynski- I bought this at my school’s book fair because the synopsis intrigued me. It seems like a fast pace post apocalyptic novel that authors seem to be writing about a lot, but it seems interesting. I haven’t heard of anybody reading this yet, so I am going to give it a try.
I hope that this helped give you inspiration on what to read this summer. I want to read exciting books this summer that are page turners and do not leave me bored out of my mind. I will probably read other books that are not on this list, but this is a general list of books that I hope to accomplish. Happy Reading!