All through the years, I have read many, MANY books, some amazing, others agonizing. I have put together a few of my all time favorite novels. Enjoy!
1. The Selection Series, by Kiera Cass – Kiera Cass is one of my all time favorite authors. She does an amazing job at expressing feeling and love. America Singer, the main character, is forced into a new life around royals, fighting for the hand of a daring prince.
2. The Maze Runner, James Dashner – The action in this novel blew me away. Thomas, the protagonist, is stranded in an unknown world of “grievers” and freakish creatures. Thomas, along with the rest of the captive boys, are trying to find a way out of The Maze.
3. Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand – This novel left me shocked the pain and each character’s feelings. Louie Zamperini, a former track star, must adapt to a new way of life as a prisoner in a world left in chaos during World War II.
4. Princess Academy, by Shannon Hale – Even with sticky-noting and discussing this novel, I still read it in a single weekend. It’s amazing! This novel reminds me a lot of The Selection Series, with an unwilling girl being forced to fight for the throne. Miri, a poor mountain girl, along with 19 other girls, strive to impress the Prince and one day become Queen.
5. Between Shades of Gray, by Ruta Sepetys – This is another World War II book, along with Unbroken. Lina, a prisoner of war, learns to survive the unbearable. What is really unique about this book is that it’s not about Hitler and Germany, but about Stalin and Russia.
6. The Lightning Thief Series, by Rick Riordan – For the longest time, this series was at the top of my list. Percy Jackson, a teen with troubles, finds out that there is so much more to life than what is seen by the naked eye.
7. Wonder, by R. J. Palacio – Are you being bullied? If so, this is the book for you. Little August Pullman has never been normal; he was born with a very rare disease that caused his face to be abnormally shaped. Auggie faces an astonishing amount of bullies, but he still manages to make it through all the suffering.