I desperately desire to read books that I want to read, rather than what is assigned, and this summer I finally get to do that! Here are some of the books I want to read in order from 1st choice to last choice:
- I want to finish The Lost Planet by Rachel Searles (which I am currently in) due to the fact that it is just overall awesome and filled with adventure. It includes explosions, getting lost in the middle of space, high-tech blasters, and the main character trying to remember and figure out who he is. I talk about it so much that my friend Jackson would probably tell me to stop talking about it.
- After The Lost Planet, I’d like to read the sequel, The Stolen Moon, because Rachel Searless is just a great author and I want to see how Chase turns out in the second one. Another reason I want to read it is because my favorite book genre is science-fiction.
- Thirdly, I’d want to read The Cabinet of Wonders and the rest of the The Kronos Chronicles by Marie Rutkoski. it sounds very interesting and action filled. Come on, it’s pretty incredible that the main character’s father can move metal with his mind.
- Next, I want to read The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling for three reasons: I love action in novels, all my friends who have good taste in books are recommending it very highly, and I have seen some of the movies which are really, really incredible. Also the books are better than the movies, always.
- I desire reading the rest of The Hatchet Series by Gary Paulsen because I read the first one in this school year and I was absolutely in love with it and the author’s voice. Another friend of mine, Nathan, read the series and he liked it.
- Then I want to read And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie and The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin because I absolutely LOVE stories with action (If you hadn’t noticed). I forgot to mention, I also love finding out who the killer is.
- I desire reading The Alex Rider Series by Anthony Horowitz so much. Mrs.Herr has got me wanting to read another book again! It is about a kid-spy who goes on lethal missions to save the world. There is so much action I think I might pass out!
- I really want to read The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart. I’ve read two reviews for it on our site and I am very intrigued.
- I’m dying to read the rest of A Wrinkle in Time Series by Madeline L’Engle. I read the first one in Fourth Grade as an assignment, but it quickly became an enjoyable activity for me. Last year, after summer break, I found out that it was a series and I was really bummed, but I can read it this summer if I have the time.
- I hope I can squeeze in Inkheart by Cornelia Funke into the summer because one of my future teachers highly recommends it. Also I think it is ingenious to write books about adventures with books.
- If there was time left a the end of the summer, I am so going to read The Underland Series by Suzanne Collins. I’ve been reading reviews of it on this site and it seems excellent due to all the action.
Almost no classics! I’m going rogue! Yay! Sadly, I know I can’t read them all. I wish summer was longer than a couple of months for reading purposes and other reasons. But I’ll do the best I can.